Some Hospitals Make Money By Over-reporting Deaths
Follow the Money!
The virus is not as deadly as the healthcare crisis it brings.
The more COVID-19 deaths a hospital has, the more money they get.
Senator Dr. Scott Jensen received a 7-page memo, from the Department of Health, urging him to list COVID-19 as the cause of death.
Hospitals make three times more money if a patient goes on a ventilator.
Right now Medicare is determining that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you get $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do - Dr. Jensen
Why have pneumonia deaths suddenly taken a nosedive?
Pneumonia deaths sinking to new lows coincide with the exponential increase of COVID-19 deaths.
- Coronavirus Relief Bill: Hospitals will get massive infusion of cash
- Hospitals will be paid for treating uninsured COVID-19 patients
“If I had an 86-year-old patient that had pneumonia but was never tested for COVID-19 but some time after she came down with pneumonia we learned that she had been exposed to her son who had no symptoms but later on was identified with COVID-19, then it would be appropriate to diagnose on the death certificate COVID-19,” Dr. Jensen
Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator, admitted that they've "taken a very liberal approach to mortality."
Dying with the virus vs from the virus.
Anybody who dies after being tested positive is marked a COVID-19 death, in the United States.
If a person, who tested positive for the virus, dies of a heart attack, is COVID-19 the cause of death?
Dr. Birx says it is.
Italy does the same, according to Professor Walter Ricciardi, scientific adviser to Italy’s minister of health.
“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus...only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” - Professor Ricciardi
Hospitals in the US, Italy, Germany, UK, and Ireland, five major players in global health, are following the same blueprint, and cashing in.
- Germany: COVID-19 death is marked regardless of "whether or not it actually caused death."
- Ireland: COVID-19 death rate "refers to individuals who have died within 28 days of first positive result, whether or not COVID-19 was the cause of death."
- Advice to UK doctors on death certificates: "if the patient had symptoms typical of COVID-19 infection, but the test result has not been received, it would be satisfactory to give ‘COVID-19’ as the cause of death."
- UK Chief Coroner: dead bodies don't even have to be examined by a coroner; S/he can confirm the cause without ever having seen or examined the body